Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hawaii

With the onset of cold weather made me want to post more Hawaii pictures.


Can you imagine walking across that lava bridge in the distance? Scary.

This looks Jurassic to me.

I went into this lava tube to get this picture. I would hate to be in there at high tide. There is a small black sand beach on the other side.

The line you see in the mountain in the distance, is actually the road to Hana. If you ever go to Maui, you must take the road to Hana. It takes about 3 hours one way, but it is well worth your time. The views are breathtaking around every corner, and the drive itself can be a nail biter.

Keanae

We drove around the west side of Maui. You can see the east side of the island in the distance. I guess it is frowned upon to drive around the west side of Maui. Who knew. I am glad we did it before we found that fact out.

West Maui

On the edge. I am not afraid of heights, but damn, this was scary. One big wind and away I would go.

Molokai is off in the distance.

West Maui. Pele (Goddess of the Volcano) would not be pleased with this. She does not want any disturbance of the lava.

West Maui

West Maui

West Maui

Baldwin Beach

Keawapaku Beach

La Perouse Beach

Mokapu Beach

Oneuli Beach

Keawakapu Beach, this was across the street from our condo.



No comments:

Post a Comment