Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New shrub and old shrub plantings

They were having a 50% off sale @ Abell's garden center. I could not help myself.

This is a China Boy Holly, I bought him the other day. I also have a China Girl Holly at the other end of the house.

The following two photos are of foil wrapped Hydrangeas that I overwintered successfully from last season. The first photo is of the smaller of the two. I moved them from where I had them last season. I think they will be much happier here.


This poor pathetic mess is a flowering Purple leaf sand cherry. It looks more like a dormant plumeria. lol I have no idea how this is going to turn out. My sister in law got this plant and I planted it next to The West Lawn. I do not believe it was getting enough sun and was looking quite sad, so I moved it. Apparently the spot I had picked out was not suitable either. I was a little surprised but I didn't dwell. So I moved it again to this location, after giving it a severe pruning. I gave her some really good soil to and a big drink. Now all I can do is watch and wait.


This is a Weigela called My Monet.

Another addition is Ninebark.




No comments:

Post a Comment