Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September blooms

I do not remember the white Rose of Sharon blooms ever having shades of pink.  Regardless, I am loving the new look.

 The blooms of the peach Hibiscus are prettier than last year.

The 4 O'clock's  are still looking amazing.



She might not look like much, but I am elated that the Knockout Rose tree is blooming again.  She has had a roller coaster ride of a summer.  She bloomed beautiful this spring, then I moved her.  She was near death and I was about to throw myself on the ground, and she started showing signs of improvement.  She spit out a few more blooms but had lost her luster.  Here is her present state.

Odd photo angle, I know.

I have never successfully grown Celosia's of any kind.  Honestly, it was never one of my favorite flowers.  I am quickly singing a different tune these days.

 I want to mention again that this plant is over 4 feet tall.  I would almost guess her at 5 feet.

The Hyacinth bean vine is going to give me an abundance of seeds.  I have a couple trellis projects in the works to support the next generation of these beautiful plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment