Friday, September 2, 2011

September 1st

I was given 6 shrubs the other day, but I had to dig them up.  Sounds like a deal to me.  I had no idea what type of shrubs I was getting, and did it really matter?  I had the good sense to pre dig some holes the day before, thank God.  I dug them up, and they fought back.  First they are some type of rose bush, with all the thorns to prove it.  Second, I could not get a good root ball on any of them.  They were planted in very rocky dry soil.  They were doing just fine I might add, until I dug them up.  I have been worried about them for days.  I have given them an obscene amount of water, but they look, well, you be the judge.

 These photos were taken the day after I planted bushes.  They look even worse.  Oh did I mention it is getting hotter than hell, again?  If they still look like ass this weekend, then they are getting cut way back and hopefully that will help them out.  I do want to mention that I am planning on moving the surrounding perennials. 


The Hardy Begonias are standing in their majesty.  The blooms are nice, but the real showpiece are the red veins in the foliage.  IMO


I would like to get them started in other areas of the garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment