Friday, September 2, 2011

Over it

I posted last night about the new rose bushes.  Well here they are today.




I could wait no longer, and I cut them back completely this morning.  Maybe they will come back, maybe they won't, but I am fine with it either way.  They were such an eye sore, they had to go.  Only time will tell if they show signs of life.

I have three different areas in the gardens that I had planted Castor plants.  Notice the different sizes.
This little patch is no more than 4 feet tall and gets at least half a day of sun.

This patch gets a little more sun, but not direct late afternoon sun.  They are at least 9 feet tall.


 The base of the plants are not much larger than that of the smaller Castors.

The last patch of Castors are ridiculous.  They receive sunshine from noon until dusk.  Clearly, this is what they like.

The base of the plant is more like a small tree.  I would put the base between 2 and 3 inches thick.  


While walking the gardens this morning I also noticed the Scarlet Ohara Morning Glory was blooming.


And in the same flower bed I was delighted to discover that the Scarlet Hibiscus had a bloom.  I started this particular plant from seed this year.  So now I know that they will bloom their first year.  Yeah!




I do not plan on doing much gardening in the next few days other than keeping everything watered.  We are in for a very hot weekend.  Sounds like I better whip up a batch of mimosa's, break out a monster fan and just enjoy the gardens.  Cards anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment