Sunday, September 18, 2011

Change in the weather

Here is my gardening story for today.  I woke up this morning, grabbed myself a cup of coffee and headed outside.  That is my usual routine, but this morning, I started a little different.  This morning, I walked outside and directly to one of my Plumeria plants, as if it were beckoning me to come to her.  I immediately noticed, what I thought was a newly forming bud.  This bud looked a little different than the previous buds in the past.  I used my finger to push it off the stem in case it was fall debris, but to my surprise it wasn't.  It was not a newly forming bud or fall debris, but rather this horrifying Orange spider, that was all tucked up in a ball.  The moment I gingerly touched it, it uncurled itself, and that was when I knew it was a spider.  I cannot stand spiders, and I touched the damn thing, OMG.  I know, they kill garden pests, blah blah blah.  They freak me the F#$K out.  I know you are feeling this Cat.  Normally I would post a photo capturing the moment, but this time I will just move on.

I would like to start with Tiffany's rose.  I did not think it was going to bloom this year, but to my surprise, she did.  I did not even see the bee when I snapped this photo.

 Recap on the Coleus volunteer. 
It popped up in the pathway.

I slapped her in a container.


She is loving life.





Clearly this Croton thrives on neglect, as does the Night Blooming Cereus cutting, growing in the same container.  I was training the vines of the Sweet Autumn Clematis and broke off a piece of the Cereus.  I just dipped it in a little root hormone and shoved it in the dirt.  She seems to be growing fine.

 The first sign of a bloom on the Hawaiian Ginger.  Note to self, I should have painted the wire cage.

 Another White Rose of Sharon deciding to swirl.  I am loving this.

 Hardy Begonia's

 Does this look remotely comfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment