Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Garden happenings.

Here is a few things going on in the gardens.  The Purple Datura, or as I call them Purple Moon plants, are doing nicely.  These were grown from seed collected last year, and they do much better in the ground, rather than a container.  I am really impressed by the black stems on the plant.
 And once again, the blooms tend to have a lot of variety to them.

 This bloom seems to have purple ribbons inside, the photo does not do her justice.

I did not realize that the Moon plant would get so tall.

The Canna Lilies are still blooming, and I was surprised to see the difference in the blooms.

 I think they look great even before they flower.

 Most of the blooms have been red, but we have had a few like the photo below.

 While the rest of the blooms are long gone and producing seeds, this little lady was fashionably late to the party.

 The Water Pickerel has been blooming most of the summer.

 WTF.  Our weather has went from the 90's to down right chilly.  Just look at these Elephant ears if you don't believe me.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment