Saturday, June 5, 2010

Late spring update

I would like to start by posting a picture of the thousands of Fireflies in the field tonight. Trouble is, I don't have a picture like that. Tonight, when I came home from work there were thousands of Fireflies putting on a spectacular show. By the time I thought of taking a photo, it was an hour later and the show was over. Sorry. I am not sure it is possible to capture them with a camera, but I am going to attempt it. If only out of curiosity. I have to wait for the next perfect night.

The following photos are a random collection of things happening in the yard at this time.

I still am hoping someone might be able to identify this flower. Not the yellow one, btw.


The Chenille plant is still standing in her splendor.


OMG, can it really be happening. I am thinking all signs are pointing to YESSS. OK, I am a little excited and I will be a bitter mess if this turns out not to be, but I do believe she is going to BLOOM!!! I will stop being a freak, however, I do think that is a bloom in the center of those new leaf sprouts.

For the amount of fertilizer and attention that I have given her, I would be ticked off if she didn't bloom. lol

Here is a wider angle of the two photos that follow.

The Caladiums are starting to come up in this planter. I remember them far earlier last year. Guess I better take a peak back. I am just happy to see them.

Here is the petunia plant that I have posted in earlier post. I did not know what it was. I think its blooms looked a bit different then. Now that they are in full bloom, I can see they are petunias. As you recall, they came up volunteer, and what a fabulous surprise. I think it has to be the handy work of a bird.

The Black Out Lilies are starting to bloom. Many of the other lilies are going to be blooming in the next week or two. A lot of the day lilies are blooming as well. I will post photos when they are at their peak.

The green beans are up and taking off. They are even larger now than depicted in the photo. The photo is only two days old.

Can you see the path that leads over the creek. Can you even see the creek? lol

I had completely forgot about this guy. Its called Tritoma, or Torch lily of Red Hot Poker. I happened upon this in the garden and then remembered her history. I had started her from seed two years ago. I planted her in a hurry and she got lost in the flower bed. I thought she had died out. This is the moment that you realize that you clearly need to spend some more time in the gardens. My bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment