Friday, June 25, 2010

June updates and surprises

The Cleome's are starting to bloom. They just keep surprising me. If you recall, I was surprised that the came back. I am not surprised that they are blooming, rather that some of them are only 6 inches tall and blooming.

Revisiting some of the plants that I felt were worthy of an appearance on the blog. Along with some random photos from the gardens.

The Purple Queen is starting to live up to her name.

I was checking out all the roots that are growing out of the pots, when I saw this little guy amongst the roots.

I still have no clue what this plant is, but she is impressive. IMO

The tip of the purple moon flower. I hope she is in full bloom for the wedding.

Here is the moon flower when the blooms are not opened.

This is my little Lowe's Clearance Mandevillea. They don't have to be pretty when you buy them, just cheap. With the right amount of attention and patience, they will come into their own.

Our Variegated Hydrangea is having a beautiful bloom. I have not seen her bloom before. I am thinking that maybe last year she tried, but with no success.

Here are a few photos taken from the Serenity gardens.

The Woodlands.

Imagine this Clematis covered in white. And hopefully this next spring the Wisteria will bloom.

The Lanai Garden.


The Lanai Patio.

Update. She is definitely going to bloom. Red Plumeria.

One of my new favorite Day Lilies. She is very delicate. Mostly white with a tinge of yellow and rounded out with some Chartreuse.

My other favorite Day Lily. This year anyway. I do not remember her looking so vibrant.

And what else can you say about this beauty.

I was going to move her last year, if you recall. Well here she is sitting in the same damn spot as last season. Maybe she will get her moving panties on this year. Unless I forget again.

Another Lowe's clearance plant. This is the only Hibiscus I have that blooms in this fashion.
Love it.
I could not be more happy with the Bee Balm this season. I have this planted all of the yard, and she is dazzling everywhere. I will say she is not attracting the Hummingbirds like she has in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment