Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June happenings

We are getting ready to host a wedding this August, so there are many things to do. I can only hope that the Serenity Gardens are ready. All will be fine if Mother Nature cooperates and the mole problem is eliminated. I have put some Juicy Fruit gum into the mole tunnels, they say that it works. Lets find out. We gathered up every folding chair we could lay our hands on. Most of them were brown or dark brown, it was time for a change. The following set of photos are a rough idea of how it will be on the wedding day. No I will not leave the chairs there until August. They do however take a few days for the paint to really cure. This is a much better place for them, rather than in the driveway where they were painted.

And yes, they will get straightened up when I place them in August.

Where you see the limbo pole at the front, is where the wedding arbor will be place.

Here is an update on the plumeria buds. As you can see, the buds are really starting to pop out.

The following photos are some of the day lilies and the Oriental lilies that are beginning their debut.

This double bloomer will greet you the moment you enter the secluded garden.

I was trying to get all fancy and snap a really great shot of the different lilies and the ceramic statue. It wasn't quite what I expected. lol


These lilies are even darker than the Blackout Lilies.





Blackout Lilies


Aunt Mel gave my dad this Moon flower plant. I tried to grow them from seed but I could not even get one to germinate.

There is always next season. I have to have this in our gardens.

Now how gorgeous is this little beauty. She was a graduation present to Honey from Aunt Mel.

We thank you Aunt Mel, we will be enjoying her all season.


No comments:

Post a Comment