Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blooms, buds, and blooms?

I am a happy person. She is blooming again. Last year she started blooming the first week in
August. She bloomed yesterday. That is 5 weeks earlier than last year. I have been saying, everything seems to be blooming early this year. BTW this is my swamp Hibiscus.

I was very excited when I realized that the Plumeria was going to bloom. She is not in full bloom just yet, but it has been interesting to watch. It has been nearly a month since I saw the first hint of a bloom.

She has grown so much you can now make out that there are going to be three new branches. I am not sure if the actual flower bud stalk will turn into a branch or not. If it does, it will have four branches.


If this Bird of Paradise is getting ready to bloom, I will have to get out and do a cartwheel in the yard. I won't get to excited just yet, I don't want to jinx it. But I do have a hunch that she is getting ready to bloom. If you look at the tall spike on the left side of the plant.

It is unlike any other stalk on the plant.

Another angle of the spike.

I was trying to give you an idea of how big the spike really is. Too bad I did not capture the top of the spike in this photo. lol

The Bee Balm is really having a great showing this year.

I am happy the deer do not have this on their menu.

I love this lily. And yes, that little critter had to get right after this photo was taken.

It was so windy on this day, I did not think I would ever get this photo taken.

I have to check my garden diary to find out exactly what these little beauties are called.

This Hosta sent out a lot of blooms, and the bees are having a field day.

These blooms are about 11 inches wide. Hello gorgeous!!!

What color would you call this? I am not sure if the photos give her justice. IMO she is very delicate and subtle, but on a grand scale. If that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment