Friday, February 25, 2011

In like a lion?


Have you ever heard the saying, "In like a lion, out like a lamb, in like a lamb, out like a lion"?  I have heard this all my life, to describe the weather for March.  I know it is not technically March, as of yet, however, I am hoping that this is the "in like a Lion" portion of the program.

The first two photos are courtesy of my Aunt Lois, that were taken this morning.  

 The following photos were taken this afternoon here in our gardens.  Either we did not get as much snow as our aunt, or snow had melted considerably by the time I looked outside.

I am not sure you can tell from the photos, but this is one seriously soggy mess.
 
 I have so much to do before spring.  I am just going to go with the whole lion scenario and continue on with my gardening endeavors hoping that winter is toast.  Besides, I have so much to do that has nothing to do with planting and growing anything.  Clean up, clean up, clean up.  Oh and btw, since I did NO fall prep, I have tons of fun ahead of me.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently Kids;Your Auntie got more snow than you;cos it stayed for a couple days.I have a feeling you can look back on these photos and say;the LAST snow of the season ;-D ...don't be too hard on your lawn being soggy; you may just appreciate it this summer; if we get dry spells. ;) Love ya both bunches <3

    ReplyDelete