Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Greenhouse Makeover

Time to get out in the yard and get busy. It was a beautiful day today. I have no idea what the temp was today, but it was nice enough to work in the yard in a T-shirt and never be chilled. Hell I actually broke a sweat today.
The greenhouse was ready for her makeover.
First on the agenda, clean up this damn mess.
The first two photos were not taken today, but they show the condition of the greenhouse.

Disgrace, lol

My aunt Mel came over today for coffee, and thank god she did. lol She was quite the help today, and I want to give a big shout out to her, so, "Thanks aunt Mel".

I think I have plenty of seed starting trays, and even quite a few of the peat pellets. Yes, I know, I should use clean sterile soil. However, this is ghetto gardens, and we do things on the cheap.

Things are starting to look up.

I have plenty of polar cups from last season. In case you are not familiar with Polar cups, you can see them on the top shelf in the photo. They are 32 ounce Styrofoam cups.

Time for a well deserved rest. Here is your close up aunt Mel.

Plenty of plastic. To be honest with you, I was a little worried that either I would not have enough plastic, or that it would have been brittle and no good. But no, and no.

And Yeah!

After this photo was taken, I managed to get the doors rehung with the plastic covering the bottom of each door. I am doing a little something different for the tops of each door.



1 comment:

  1. What a FACELIFT!! Greenhouse now HAPPY!!
    That was one big makeover....You ROCK!!!
    Glad you had help...Mel looked like she was enjoyin the rest period...lol she's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete