Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another day at Jrs

We started today very early, and I am not an early riser. We first finished our mini deck that will support the central air unit. This is one sturdy deck. We topped it with five 2x10's. This sucker will not budge.


Time for the portico. Thanks Bernie btw, could not think of what this was called. Here are some photos of the process. I think we did a good job. Or should I say, Mike did a good job but I helped dammit. lol I am sure that I slowed him down some with my twenty questions. But I am a person who learns from observing and doing.


This part was not easy. I would have to do a lot more assisting before I could do this on my own. I am not exactly sure when I will be building another portico, but when I do I will be prepared.

Proof that I helped. lol


This will look better with paint, trust, but it will eventually be covered up anyway. But until then I don't want to look at these boards as is.


I was trying to get a photo of the shingles and flashing. Look a carpentry word. lol

It is almost finished. I am quite pleased with this. I was picturing a steeper pitch but this is much better. I think if he would have built this the way it was in my head in wouldn't look right. I would like to queen it up a bit, but I will refrain. I do however see some planters, another light on the opposite side of the door. The front will be covered with siding, when Lowe's finally calls us back already. I am painting the posts with the white trim paint to match the house. That is when I paint the house. lol Until then just picture all the trim white and the rest Sedona red vinyl siding.

The house is really going to pop when the painting and siding is completed. I can already see it finished. How about you?

Jr decided he was feeling up to cutting down the tree he is next to. He is hard to see but if you look real close you kind find him. He is getting a new shed about twenty feet in front of him and that tree is going to be a problem in a year or two. It had to go. Why not drop it when the coast is clear. This tree did not want to drop. btw

TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I knew that bookshelf was a goner. lol

We cleaned up all the smaller branches and just left the main tree trunk to deal with later. It was getting dark, we were exhausted. I knew it was time to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment