Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Butch Day

We had our handyman today to help us out. Yeah. To the untrained eye you might think this is the same photo that I posted yesterday. It is not. The boards are now level and square. It was definitely good that we worked on this yesterday, we just needed to adjust a few of the boards today.


The soffit is starting to go up.

Voila. It will look much better when painted.

Mike is admiring our work. I sure he is thinking I am an amazing assistant. lol

I pulled the old fascia board down. It was a mess as you recall.

Then I discovered this hideous problem. More rotten wood. OMFG Will it ever end. lol


Out with the old, in with the new.

I wanted to have one continuous board going across here, but it was not meant to be. Apparently the two sides of the chimney are not level for starters. It looks as if the right side is a sagging mess, I assure you it is not it only appears that way in the photo.

This is still under construction. If you recall it looked like the number 7 made of two by fours to support this eave. I knew that installing the vinyl siding was going to be a problem if it was not addressed. This is our solution. As I said its not complete but you get the idea.


This gives a good idea of what is going on thus far. A touch more of the old barn siding to remove and its going to be time for the siding. Now if I can have Mother Nature to help me with my endeavors I might be able to get some paint on the trim before hand. Not looking promising when I hear the weather forecast. Damn winter.

I can't wait until all this debris is removed. Would it really pain me to put away the shovels and things? lmao

No comments:

Post a Comment