Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another season kicks off.

I have not posted anything in awhile, but with a new season right around the corner, it was time to get with it.  The gardening gods sent some local tree trimmers to the neighborhood, so I had to jump into action.  I asked them if they were interested in dumping the wood chips in our yard, and they were happy to do so.  Lucky me!!!!
I am aware that the use of freshly chipped up wood as mulch is highly debated. 
We here at ghetto gardens say, "Whatever".  Its free.  It does its job. And did I mention, its free.  If I bought the amount of mulch I need @ 20-25 dollars a yard, with the price of gas to transport it, versus free, you do the math. Not to mention that this practice is quite common for me.

I hope this is only the first pile of mulch I score this year.


A little here,

A little there,

and even some here.

Now you'll see why I need even more mulch.  This backyard is a tragedy.  The greenhouse is a wreck.  That plastic only lasted one season. The moles have built a community in the lawn, and I have a ton of junk to pitch.  I think I have enough mulch to get this area mulched, but I have The West Lawn still to mulch.

Here is the mulch that I have left.


No comments:

Post a Comment