Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May happenings in the garden

The Alliums 
I remember them being more in the shape of a ball, wth.
They are still pretty.

What was once about 7 blooms, has dwindled to 3.  One bloom was not ready for her close up.

The Bridal Veil Spirea had started to bloom while we were in Las Vegas.

The Old Fashion Viburnam is getting ready to get cut completely back and moved.  I like to stress my plants out as often as I can. lol  Seriously, I do need to move this plant for more sunshine.  I have just the spot.

The Yellow water iris are starting to bloom.  They are close to 5 feet tall. 

Here is a close up of the first bloom.  


Variagated Bamboo hiding under the lilies.

Another Variagated Bamboo start growing in the lilies.  I am going to move her to a better location with more sunshine.
Yes, they look a complete mess, but she is blooming damn it. lol  This is what it looks like in my ICU for plants.


Now this is what I call a pile of MULCH.
The tree trimmers were limbing up trees in the neighborhood again.  This is the best way to get mulch, because its completely free.  I know, I should let the debris cook a bit before I spread it on the flower beds, but I don't have the patience. 

I have no idea why this one Hosta is not nearly as big as the surrounding Hosta's.  Lets see if she can catch up with the rest of the ladies.

Here is another small Hosta, but this one has an excuse, its just a baby.  This is the start I was given by Aunt Lois a couple weeks ago.  Do you even see it in the bottom left corner of the picture?

1 comment:

  1. I do have the yellow Iris.
    Loved the Vegas pictures...GREAT photography ;-)

    ReplyDelete