Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moving day

I planted more 4 O'clock seeds.  Last year I did not have the greatest success rate for germinating 4 O'clocks.  Yes, I had a few and they were wonderful, but I had planted a lot of seeds.  This year, I have planted a ridiculous amount of seeds, and I did different things with each new batch of seeds.  So far, no seedlings. WTF.  So here is the newest edition of seeds.  I soaked the seeds overnight, maybe two.  Peeled off the outer shell, and just pressed the exposed seed into the dirt, not even covering them.    Let's see if they have any luck.  I don't know what it is about these seeds and the Moon Flower seeds, but my success rate for either, sucks.


What do you think, deer damage, or something else?
I am going to blame the deer. I hope it is deer and not something more sinister.

I am not sure this will help, but here is my solution, until I decide on what to do.  Any suggestions?

 I want to continue the Forsythia hedge, all the way down the road.  As you can see, the Bamboo always ends up a mess.  I planted a bunch of starts along the road.  As they grow, I plan on moving the perennials after they bloom, to allow room for the new hedge.


 This new bed is allowing me to get things in the sun where they belong, and at the same time, getting some height in the front yard.  I do not plan on this being the normal flower bed. You will just have to stay tuned.




I have to admit, I should have never planted this evergreen where I did.  I decided to address the issue now, and hopefully it will pay off this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment