Friday, March 11, 2011

Let there be heat, in the greenhouse.

The last two years, I have started the greenhouse March 28th.  I wanted to start the greenhouse a little earlier this year, since the groundhog did not see its shadow.  We shall see if the groundhog is a good witch, or a bad witch.

This Goldfish plant is the newest edition to our inventory.  She cannot wait to chill out on the Lanai this summer.
The greenhouse is ready for a new season.  I carried out all the flats of seeds.  I have started many seeds.  Basil, Oregano, Flat leaf Parsley, Rosemary, Dill, Thyme, Sage, Dutch Iris, Lily seeds, Castor bean, Morning glory, Moon flower plants, Cosmos, Spider plant, 4 Oclocks, Canna lily, are a few of the things I hope to have growing soon.  I have many more things to still to start.

As you can see, I use a small little heater.



I decided to get some high tech lighting for the greenhouse this year.


Lettuce, maybe?


Herbs

The Impatiens have started to sprout.

Now I know it does not look like much, but this is a victory.  I have a bad history with impatiens.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Goldfish Plant ;-D was it a birthday gift to you? Looks like you are getting a good start in the green house.YEAHHHH for you ;)

    ReplyDelete