Saturday, June 18, 2011

Garden Walk 2011

This was the first year that I not only remembered the garden walk, but I purchased a ticket and went.  I went with my Dad and my sister and we even hit a yard sale or two.  The gardens that were participating were great, I just wish there would have been a few more.  My hat goes off to the gardeners who did participate, I could break out in hives just thinking about the traffic they had to deal with.  Here are a few of the highlights from the walk.

A variety of pathways.  I loved these stairs

 Now you know this walkway did not come cheap.

 Something you would see here at ghetto gardens.



 Love, love, love this pathway.


A few plants that caught my eye.  I have this Variegated Bamboo.

 Do you know what this is?

 How about this?
The impressive Globemaster Alliums.   The blooms may have faded, but they still demand attention.  Huge.

 This cluster of Bee Balm had to be at least 6 feet tall.

 Ornamental Pepper plant.  The peppers were round and about the size of a marble.  I have no other information other than I must have one.

 Blue Sea Holly
 Gaillardia, now I know that I can pinch mine back to make them bush, instead of being a leggy mess.

 This Coneflower grabbed my attention because the color was exquisite.  It was called Hot Papaya.

 I have White Yarrow, and now I must get the red or pink started.

 
A version of the following ideas are coming to ghetto gardens soon.
I have had an idea of making a planter like this for awhile, and here it is. 

 This frog was too cute and looked like he was going to run and jump in the pool.

 
 

 Now this is a raised bed.  My wheels are turning overtime trying to figure out how to recreate this for mere pennies.
 I have no idea where I could put something like this.

 How in the world can I make this?
This is a no brainer. 
And something no garden should be without.
What a fabulous fun time.  Can't wait to check it out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment